Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wrap it up!

Did he wear a wrap? You know, Brad Pitt wears a wrap. Maya Wrap, Hot sling, Hoochie Wrap. It seems that wraps are everywhere, and I'm not talking about food enveloped in a tortilla. I am talking about sheets you tie over your shoulder so you can hold a baby inside. They are all the rage these days among "happening" people.



Unfortunately, I am not a happening person. I have never been happening. These little papooses (or should we Latinize the Indian word and make it papoosi?) are ok. They seem fairly functional. I just can't bring myself to wear one. In the same vein, I have never been able to hug a tree, which is a prerequisite to wearing a wrap, I think.



I support my sweet wife as she tries to do what is best for the baby. If she feels that wearing a wrap and toting 'lil pup around on her hip, I'll help out as I can. Heck, I tolerate cloth diapers (although I don't change the stinky ones). I hear about innumerable studies on co-sleeping, breast feeding, attachment parenting, hemp clothing (I told her if I come home and discover that she is trying to grow her own supply of hemp, I'm walking away) and whatever else is out in the netosphere. But I don't care if Brad Pitt wears a wrap, I won't. I also won't walk around the house nude, which apparently was a problem for Brad.



And until my better half can figure them out, pray for us (but prayer is another blog). We will either master the darn things or set up a second hand hammock store.



P.S. Lest anyone think my wife is a walking ad for Nature Valley's product line, she assures me she isn't. She commits that major granola sin and throws away Al cans. (That's right, I used the periodic abbreviation for aluminum, I'm a geek and embrace my geekiness.) And though it is a small miracle, she doesn't own, and never has, a pair of Birkenstocks. She has probably owned every other brand and type of shoe, but not those. They are too ugly (my opinion, not necessarily shared by my shoe loving wife).



1 comment:

The Snow Family said...

For the record, we can't be sure what Brad was wearing b/c he had it on incorrectly, but we are pretty sure it was a ring sling on backwards- typical guy move. But at least he was trying.... come on Aaron- we could get you one in a great 'manly' fabric like camo or olive green..... :) Embrace the new trend!